Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pieces


I've moved around some in my life. I've lived in Louisiana, Virginia, and Florida. The other day I was thinking of the things I enjoyed-and some of the more frustrating things of the different places I've lived.


I've been truly blessed to live in some beautiful and neat places.


In my head I was weighing different pros and cons-thinking about the loved pieces I felt that I “left behind” in the places I lived before. But truly, I see myself as having a piece of each of the places I've lived as a part of my story.


I could move again. I don't know what else-or where else I might go. But I love that a piece of me is a Louisiana, Virginia, and Florida resident...


In Louisiana I gained the experience of southern hospitality, small-town life, crawfish boils, family, different cultural experiences, spicy food, and great connections.


In Virginia, I was able to live near mountains, experience living downtown, live with snow, see beautiful landscape, be a lover in the state that claims to be “for lovers”, and gain unique experiences and connections.


In Florida, I've lived near the beach, been able to experience some island time, visit some neat sites and cities, and have gained some great opportunities and connections.


These places are pieces that have contributed to my life.


Perhaps think about it, what are your pieces? What have you gained from the places you've been?


No comments:

Post a Comment